This Policy applies to any BATTLEBUDDY APP website, apps or service that links to this policy or incorporates it by reference.
What are cookies and similar technologies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your device or mobile device. Cookies perform various tasks (including remembering your preferences) and are an important part of improving your experience of our website.
There are three main types of cookies:
- Session cookies: specific to a particular visit and limited to sending session identifiers (random numbers generated by the server) so you don't have to re-enter information when you navigate to a new page or check out. Session cookies are not permanently stored on your device and are deleted when the browser closes;
- Persistent cookies: record information about your preferences and are stored in your browser cache or mobile device; and
- Third party cookies: placed by someone other than us which may gather data across multiple websites or sessions.
What cookies do we use?
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and use its features. The information collected relates to the operation of our website (e.g. website scripting language and security tokens) and enables us to provide you with the service you have requested.
- Analytical / performance cookies. These cookies collect information on how users use our website, for example which pages you visit most often, whether you receive any error messages and how you arrived at our website. Information collected by these cookies is used only to improve your use of our website. These cookies are sometimes placed by third party providers of web traffic and analysis services. We use Google Analytics. For information on how Google processes and collects your information and how you can opt out, please see the table below providing for a Google Analytics opt-out link.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to remember the choices you have made, for example the country you visit our website from, your language and any changes you have made to text size and other parts of the web pages that you can customize to improve your user experience and to make your visits more tailored and enjoyable.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the information (including marketing information) displayed on it more relevant to Your interests and to measure the effectiveness of and marketing or information initiatives We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. They remember the other websites you visit, and this information is shared with third party organizations.
In addition to cookies, we use some other similar technologies as follows:
- Web Beacons: small graphic images included on our website or emails or those of third parties to provide analytics information
- Local shared objects: these are sometimes called flash cookies and can be stored on your browser. They are used to maintain preferences and usage records.
Third party cookies
Name of cookie
Why it is used
Third party policies / user control
Google Analytics cookie(s)
Additionally, when visitors request pages from our websites, BATTLEBUDDY APPs' servers log the visitor’s Internet Protocol address (“IP address”). Your IP address, browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your query, enable us to better understand and improve the usability, performance and effectiveness of our websites for purposes of system administration, to infer a visitor’s geographic location, to track the use of our websites, and to identify a visitor when BATTLEBUDDY APP feels it is necessary to enforce compliance with our policies.
How to block cookies?
Most internet browsers are set up by default to accept cookies. However if you want to refuse or delete them (or similar technologies) please refer to the help and support area on your browser for instructions on how to block or delete cookies (for example: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari). Keep in mind that each browser has a different procedure for managing and configuring cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. To learn about more disabling third-party Cookies, we invite you to consult the websites and Cookie policies of these third parties (links provided above), or to make use of your browser’s cookie management tools.
Here’s how you manage cookies in the various major browsers:
You can find more information about Cookies (including how to disable them) at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you are a resident in the EU:
For more information on managing cookies, please visit www.youronlinechoices.eu which has further information about behavioral advertising and online privacy.
The BATTLEBUDDY APP family of websites (each, “Website”) is provided as a service to clients, colleagues, and others for general information only.
1. Changes. BATTLEBUDDY APP may make changes to the Website and the Content and/or the services described on the Website at any time.
2. Proprietary Rights. The Website and the Content are the sole and exclusive property of BATTLEBUDDY APP and/or its licensors. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purpose, any portion of the Website or the Content other than as expressly authorized by BATTLEBUDDY APP in writing. You hereby acknowledge and agree that, as between BATTLEBUDDY APP and you, all right, title, and interest in and to the Website and the Content shall be owned exclusively by BATTLEBUDDY APP. Use of the Website or the Content in any way not expressly permitted by this Agreement is prohibited.
3. Permitted Uses. You agree that you will not remove or modify any acknowledgements, credits or legal notices contained on the Website or in the Content. Special terms may apply to some services offered on the Website and may be posted in connection with the applicable service, feature or activity. Any such terms are in addition to this Agreement and, in the event of a conflict, any such terms shall prevail.
4. Additional Restrictions. You agree not to access the Website by any means other than through a standard web browser on a computer or mobile device. You further agree that you will not damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of it.
5. About The Information On This Site. The Content available on the Website is intended to be a general information resource and is provided solely on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. You are encouraged to confirm the information contained herein. You should not construe BATTLEBUDDY APP 's publication of the Website as a warranty or guarantee of the quality or availability of any services. Any Content will reflect only English or United States legal principles (except where expressly stated otherwise).
6. Links To Other Sites. The Website may contain links to websites operated by other parties. BATTLEBUDDY APP provides these links to other websites as a convenience and use of these sites is at your own risk. The linked sites are not under the control of BATTLEBUDDY APP, and BATTLEBUDDY APP is not responsible for the content available on the other sites. Such links do not imply BATTLEBUDDY APPs’ endorsement of information or material on any other site and BATTLEBUDDY APP disclaims all liability with regard to your access to and use of such linked Websites.
7. Links to veteransbusinessbuilderprogram.org. Unless otherwise set forth in a written agreement between you and BATTLEBUDDY APP, you must adhere to BATTLEBUDDY APP’s linking policy as follows: (i) the appearance, position and other aspects of the link may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with BATTLEBUDDY APP’s name and trademarks; (ii) the appearance, position and other attributes of the link may not create the false appearance that your organization or entity is sponsored by, affiliated with, or associated with BATTLEBUDDY APP; (iii) when selected by a user, the link must display the Website on full-screen and not within a “frame” on the linking Website; and (iv) BATTLEBUDDY APP reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time and in its sole discretion.
8. Trademarks. Unauthorized use of any BATTLEBUDDY APP trademark, service mark or logo are prohibited, and may be a violation of federal and state trademark laws.
9. Disclaimers And Limitation Of Liability.
a. THE WEBSITE AND ALL CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. BATTLEBUDDY APPMAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR VERIFYING ANY INFORMATION BEFORE RELYING ON IT. USE OF THE WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
b. BATTLEBUDDY APP MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING ALL NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS TO ENSURE THAT ANY CONTENT YOU MAY OBTAIN FROM THE WEBSITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE.
c. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BATTLEBUDDY APP DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND FURTHER DISCLAIMS ALL LOSSES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE, THE CONTENT, OR THE GOODS OFFERED OR SOLD THROUGH THE WEBSITE, EVEN IF BATTLEBUDDY APP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
10. Exclusions And Limitations. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
11. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold BATTLEBUDDY APP, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, due to or arising out of your use of the Website and/or breach of this Agreement.
12. Copyright. The Website is protected by international copyright laws. Except for your use as authorized above, you may not modify, reproduce or distribute the content, design or layout of the Website, or individual sections of the content, design or layout of the Website, without BATTLEBUDDY APP’s express prior written permission.
13. NOTICE AND PROCEDURES FOR CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide the following information to the Site’s Copyright Agent:
a. An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
b. A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
c. A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site (providing URL(s) in the body of the communication is the best way to help Company locate content quickly);
d. Your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
e. A signed statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
f. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information provided in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
(Please put "Copyright Infringement" in the subject line)
Company may, in its sole discretion, disable and/or terminate use of a Site or Sites by users who infringe the intellectual property of others.
15. Choice Of Law and Forum. This Agreement shall be governed by, and will be construed under, English law; provided, however, if you are a resident of the United States, this Agreement shall be governed by, and will be construed under, the laws of the State of Utah, United States of America, and you irrevocably agree to the exclusive jurisdiction by the federal and state courts located in the County of Salt Lake, in the State of Utah, to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with this Agreement. YOU AGREE THAT NO CLAIM ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE MAY BE BROUGHT AS A CLASS ACTION.
16. Data Processing. BATTLEBUDDY APP takes the view that it is the “Data Controller” when it processes personal data related to and/or received from our clients and ultimately takes responsibility for managing that data in compliance with applicable data privacy regulations. Consequently the obligation to enter into a “personal data processing agreement” does not apply to BATTLEBUDDY APP and such agreements shall not be signed by us.
a. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force.
b. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section.
e. Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to this Agreement or the Website must be commenced within six (6) months after the claim or cause of action arises or such claim or cause of action shall be barred.
f. You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of BATTLEBUDDY APP, and any assignment or transfer in violation of this provision shall be null and void.
g. BATTLEBUDDY APP reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of this Agreement and/or the rules and regulations set forth on the Website, including without limitation the right to block access from a particular internet address.
BATTLEBUDDY APP is committed to protecting your privacy. This notice describes how we collect and use your personal data. It also describes the rights you have and control you can exercise in relation to it.
The terms " BATTLEBUDDY APP " and ''the firm" mean one or more companies ("we"/"us"/"our"). Any reference to "partner" means the partner, member, consultant or employee with equivalent standing and qualifications in at least one business.
Any reference to a BATTLEBUDDY APP "location" means any office, associate office, facility, associate firm, or entity with a special alliance with our international company.
If you have any questions about BATTLEBUDDY APP’s use of your personal data, please use one of the following contacts:
We will collect the following personal data:
- Contact information: your name, position, role, company or organization, telephone (including mobile phone number where provided) as well as email and postal address;
- Business information: data identifying you in relation to matters on which you instruct us or in which you are involved;
- Your logon ID and password: for access to the BATTLEBUDDY APP, extranets and other client services or platforms;
- Information from public sources: e.g. Linked in and similar professional networks, directories or internet publications;
- Information in connection with investigations or proceedings: where this is necessary to conduct the investigation or proceedings;
- Attendance records: to record your attendance at our offices for security purposes;
- Subscriptions/preferences: when you subscribe to receive legal briefings, updates or newsletters as well as consent preferences to help us identify which materials you are interested in receiving;
- Events data: attendance at and provision of feedback forms in relation to our events;
- Supplier data: contact details and other information about you or your company or organization where you provide services to BATTLEBUDDY APP;
- Social media: posts, Likes, tweets and other interactions with our social media presence;
- Technical information: [when you access this website and our technology services being IP address, browser type and version (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari etc.), time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system you are using (e.g. Vista, Windows XP, MacOS, etc), device type, hardware model, MAC address, unique identifiers and mobile network information];
- Online data: [when you access this website and our technology services, information about your visit including URL clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), information about your network as such as information about devices, nodes, configurations, connection speeds and network application performance; pages viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits and interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, mouse-overs) and whether you click on particular links or open our emails].
BATTLEBUDDY APP does not collect personal data about your online activities across third party websites or online services.
- Special categories of personal data: such as dietary, disability or similar requirements for events and meetings. If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to respond to your particular needs or preferences;
- Criminal record data: where permitted by national law and appropriate to do so, such as existence of prior criminal offences (or confirmation of clean criminal record)
BATTLEBUDDY APP may also collect information that you choose to provide in communications with us. Please do not send us confidential information until we have confirmed in writing that you or your company or organization are clients. Unsolicited emails from non-clients may not be privileged and, therefore, may be disclosed to others.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Service provision: providing education and business services including BATTLEBUDDY APP, extranets and other technology tools;
- Business relationship: managing and administering our relationship with you, your company or organization including keeping records about business contacts, services and payments so we can customize our offering for you, develop our relationship and target our marketing and promotional campaigns;
- Communication: sending emails, newsletters and other messages to keep you informed of legal and business developments, market insights and of our services;
- Events: workshops, roundtables and other events;
- Client surveys and feedback: including events feedback and client listening exercises as well as answering issues and concerns which may arise;
- Client legal compliance: client due diligence which may involve automated screening checks to ensure that clients and contacts are genuine and to prevent fraud or crime and we may not be able take instructions if you do not provide the information, we need to do these checks;
- Website monitoring: to check the website and our other technology services are being used appropriately and to optimize their functionality;
- Site security: to provide security to our offices and other premises (normally collecting your name and contact details on entry to our buildings or at events);
- Online security: protecting our information assets and technology platforms from unauthorized access or usage and to monitor for malware and other security threats;
- Regulatory: compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations as a non-profit including auditing and reporting requirements;
- Managing suppliers: who deliver services to us;
- Legitimate interest: to pursue the legitimate business interests listed in the “Legitimate Interests section of this policy below.
We will process your personal data for a number of reasons:
- you have given us consent: for example where you share details for particular purposes;
- this is necessary to comply with legal or regulatory obligations: for example anti-money laundering and mandatory client screening checks or disclosure to law enforcement.
- this is necessary to deal with legal complaints
- processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests or those of a third party: provided this does not override any interests or rights that you have as an individual. Our legitimate interests are listed in the next section.
We have legitimate business interests in:
- providing business development and reconstruction services;
- managing our business and relationship with you or your company or organization;
- understanding and responding to inquiries and client feedback;
- understanding how our clients use our services and websites;
- identifying what our clients want and developing our relationship with you, your company or organization;
- improving our services and offerings;
- receiving information from other BATTLEBUDDY APP services for shared clients;
- enforcing our terms of engagement and website and other terms and conditions;
- ensuring our systems and premises are secure;
- managing our educational portal;
- developing relationships with business partners;
- ensuring debts are paid;
- operating suppressors to exclude you from direct marketing if you unsubscribe;
- sharing data in connection with acquisitions and transfers of our business.
Special category data in the EU and certain other jurisdictions refers to sensitive data such as your racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or health data. We may also collect data about criminal convictions. We will process this data where:
- we have your explicit consent: for the particular processing;
- this is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another person: for example, in medical emergencies; you have manifestly made the data public: for example, where you have published it on social media;
- this is necessary to deal with legal claims: for example, involving court proceedings;
- this is necessary for substantial public interest: for example to prevent or detect unlawful acts;
- as permitted by applicable law: outside the EU and other jurisdictions where these restrictions apply.
We share your information as with others as follows:
- BATTLEBUDDY APP applications: including Battle Buddy App, VBBA and Directory in order to provide business services;
- Suppliers: who support our business including IT and communication suppliers, outsourced business support, marketing and advertising agencies, back up and DR suppliers and LPO operations. Our suppliers have to meet minimum standards as to information security and they will only be provided data in line with their function;
- Shared service centers: operated by BATTLEBUDDY APP or third parties including for client on-boarding, IT services, marketing, risk management and office support services;
- Law enforcement bodies and our regulators: or other competent authorities in accordance with legal requirements or good practice;
- Appropriate parties in the event of emergencies: in particular to protect health and safety of our clients, staff and organizations;
- Your company or organization: in relation to us providing business services;
- Screening service providers: so that we can comply with legal obligations in relation to the prevention or protection of crime, sanctions screening and other required checks;
- Advertising networks and analytics service providers: to support and display ads on our website, apps and other social media tools;
- Third parties: in the context of the acquisition or transfer of any part of our business or in connection with the business reorganization;
- Other delegates: where your name will appear on the attendee list for events where you have told us you plan to attend.
In some cases, you may provide personal data to us about other people (such as your customers, directors, officers, shareholders or beneficial owners). You must ensure that you have given those individuals an appropriate notice that you are providing their information to us and have obtained their consent to that disclosure.
We will hold your information securely in line with physical, technical and administrative security measures. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted and any transmission is at your own risk.
We are a global business development firm; your information may be transferred out of your local jurisdiction or region. Data protection laws vary by country and those applicable in the USA and elsewhere are not equivalent to those applicable in, for example, the EU or certain other jurisdictions. BATTLEBUDDY APP will, take steps to protect your information in line with locally applicable data protection requirements. For those who work with our EU practices, for example, BATTLEBUDDY APP has implemented Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) approved by the European Commission [in accordance with Article 46(2)(c) of the General Data Protection Regulation]. If you would like copies of the SCCs applicable to European data, please contact us.
We generally keep your information as needed to provide our legal services and to deal with claims. This will depend on a number of factors such as whether you or your company or organization are an existing client or have interacted with recent client mailings or bulletins or attended recent events. We will retain your information as necessary to comply with legal, accounting or regulatory requirements. Typical retention periods will range from 3 to 15 years.
If you are working with one of our EU legal practices or our practices in certain other jurisdictions where similar rules apply, you have certain rights in relation to your information. The availability of these rights and the ways in which you can use them are set out below in more detail.
Some of these rights will only apply in certain circumstances. If you would like to exercise, or discuss, any of these rights, please contact the relevant Data Privacy contact as listed in this Policy above.
- Access: you are entitled to ask us if we are processing your data and, if we are, you can request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and certain other information about it;
- Correction: you are entitled to request that any incomplete or inaccurate personal data we hold about you is corrected;
- Erasure: you are entitled to ask us to delete or remove personal data in certain circumstances. There are also certain exceptions where we may refuse a request for erasure, for example, where the personal data is required for compliance with law or in connection with claims;
- Restriction: you are entitled to ask us to suspend the processing of certain of your personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- Transfer: you may us to help you request the transfer certain of your personal data to another party;
- Objection: where we are processing your personal data based on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and you may challenge this. However, we may be entitled to continue processing your information. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- Automated decisions: you may contest any automated decision made about you where this has a legal or similar significant effect and ask for it to be reconsidered.
- Consent: where we are processing personal data with consent, you can withdraw your consent.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact one of the Data Privacy contacts set out in this Policy above, in writing at the relevant email address.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State in the European Union where you are habitually resident where we are based or where an alleged infringement of Data Protection law has taken place. In the UK you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (Tel: 0303 123 1113 or at www.ico.org.uk).
If you are working with one of our EU legal practices or our practices in certain other jurisdictions where similar rules apply, you may have a right to object to us processing your information in certain circumstances. This applies where we are processing your personal information based on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) you may challenge this. However, we may be entitled to continue processing your information based on our legitimate interests or where this is relevant to legal claims. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
As described above, you can opt-out of receiving direct marketing from us at any time.
We may use the information you give us on our website or other means for direct marketing purposes to provide emails, newsletters and other messages to keep you informed of legal developments, market insights and of our services including events that we think may interest you.
You can opt-out of receiving direct marketing from us at any time. You can do this by changing your marketing preferences on your online account’s settings page, clicking on the "unsubscribe" link included at the end of any marketing email we send to you, or by contacting the DPO.
For more information about cookies and how we use them, please see our: Cookie Notice.
Our website, newsletters, email updates and other communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of others. The personal data that you provide through these websites is not subject to this privacy notice and the treatment of your personal data by such websites is not our responsibility.
If you follow a link to any other websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy notices which will set out how your information is collected and processed when visiting those sites.
We do not knowingly collect information from children or other persons who are under 18 years old. If you are under 18 years old, you may not submit any personal data to us.
This notice may be changed from time to time.
If we change anything important about this notice (the information we collect, how we use it or why) we will highlight those changes at the top of the notice and provide a prominent link to it for a reasonable length of time following the change.
If you would like more information about the way, we manage personal data that we hold about you please contact us as set out at the top of this notice.